- 2 -2.5 pound Plew Farm round steak
- salt and pepper or cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 onion , roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 -1 cup puréed tomatoes or diced tomatoes (I used 1 cup )
- 1-2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 cups water
- 1 small red or green bell pepper , sliced
- 2 tablespoon parsley , chopped (garnish)
- Pat dry steak on with a paper towel, then season with salt and Cajun seasoning.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder.
- Then coat with seasoned flour and shake off any excess .
- Heat oil in a cast iron or skillet over medium-high heat; then fry steak on both sides until golden brown — about 6-7 minutes per side.
- Remove beef from skillet and place on a plate.
- Add onions to the skillet, then saute for about 2-3 minutes. Followed by garlic, thyme, oregano, bay leaf and continue cooking for 3-5 more minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent any burns.
- Next add tomatoes puree, smoked paprika, Worcestershire sauce , beef and about 1-2 cups water Cover and simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Throw in bell pepper, and continue cooking until meat is tender.
- Remove and serve warm. Spoon the sauce over the steak.