- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- 3 Plew Farm eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- 2 1/2 cups scalded milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Plew Farm maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Mix together eggs, sugar, salt, and vanilla. Stir well. Blend in the scalded milk.
- Line pie pan with pastry, and brush inside bottom and sides of shell with egg white to help prevent a soggy crust. Pour custard mixture into piecrust. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on rack. Drizzle each slice with Plew Farm maple syrup when serving!
Dedicated to providing a local alternative to commercially produced factory food